Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
President’s Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The President’s Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is charged with monitoring and reporting progress on the University’s efforts to build and maintain an intentionally diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning and working environment. The Council takes a data-driven approach in its work and serves in an advisory capacity to President Danko.
The Council also provides guidance regarding the newly-established Butler University DEI Innovation Fund, which will provide investments in University initiatives that advance our collective work in these important areas.
The Council is co-chaired by Dr. Terri Jett and Dr. Frank E. Ross, III, and comprised of faculty, students, staff, administrators, and alumni.
Council Members include:
- ·James M. Danko, President
- Michele Atterson, Director, Student Disability Services
- Terri Carney, Professor of Spanish and SJD Director and Interim Director, Race, Gender, Sexuality Studies
- Paul Ford, Student
- Bobbie Gibson, Associate Director, International Student Services
- Lori Greene, Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Mae-Mae Han, Student
- Terri Jett, Faculty Director, Hub for Black Affairs and Community Engagement & Professor of Political Science
- Brooke Kandel-Cisco, Dean, College of Education
- Maria Kanger, Title IX Coordinator
- Daniel Meyers, Director, Center for Faith & Vocation
- Kate Morris, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Marcos Navarro-Garcia, Student
- Cynthia Payne, Chair, Black Alumni Association
- Madison Pines, Student
- Frank E. Ross, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Jeffrey Roth, Chair, LGBT Alumni Association